Convergence of Financial Systems and Regulatory Policy Chanllenges in Europe and in the United States
AbstractGerman unconstrained universal banking and the US market-based financial system are converging towards a middle ground but major obstacles remain. Full scale universal banking is beginning in the US but regulators are unprepared for the capital market consequences. Efforts to expand market finance in Germany have had modest success.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Institute for Contemporary German Studies- in its series Papers with number 19.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; Johns Hopkins University, American Institute for Contemporary German Studies. 1400 16th Street, N.W. Suite 420 Washington, D.C. 20036-2217
GERMANY ; UNITED STATES ; BANKS ; CENTRAL BANKS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.