Bayesian Analysis of Nonlinear Time Series Models with a Threshold
AbstractThis paper considers the Bayesian analysis of threshold regression models. It shows that this analysis can be conducted with simple deterministic numerical integration rules of low dimension. The shape of the posterior density is greatly determined by the type of threshold and of transition function considered. Unequal variances between the regimes usually adds one dimension to the integration problem, except in some cases where a simplification occurs.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite Aix-Marseille III in its series G.R.E.Q.A.M. with number 98a13.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: G.R.E.Q.A.M., (GROUPE DE RECHERCHE EN ECONOMIE QUANTITATIVE D'AIX MARSEILLE), CENTRE DE VIEILLE CHARITE, 2 RUE DE LA CHARITE, 13002 MARSEILLE.
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
TIME SERIES ; MODELS;
Other versions of this item:
- Lubrano, M., 1996. "Bayesian Analysis of Nonlinear Time Series Models with Threshold," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a12, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- LUBRANO, Michel, 1998.
"Smooth transition GARCH models: a Bayesian perspective,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1998066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Michel LUBRANO, 2001. "Smooth Transition Garch Models : a Baysian Perspective," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2001032, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Lubrano, M., 1999. "Smooth Transition GARCH Models: a Bayesian perspective," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 99a49, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Potter, Simon M, 1999.
" Nonlinear Time Series Modelling: An Introduction,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(5), pages 505-28, December.
- Michael Dueker & Martin Sola & Fabio Spagnolo, 2006.
"Contemporaneous Threshold Autoregressive Models: Estimation, Testing and Forecasting,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2006-04, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Dueker, Michael J. & Sola, Martin & Spagnolo, Fabio, 2007. "Contemporaneous threshold autoregressive models: Estimation, testing and forecasting," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 517-547, December.
- Michael J. Dueker & Martin Sola & Fabio Spagnolo, 2006. "Contemporaneous threshold autoregressive models: estimation, testing and forecasting," Working Papers 2003-024, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Michael Dueker & Martin Sola & Fabio Spagnolo, 2007. "Contemporaneous Threshold Autoregressive Models: Estimation, Testing and Forecasting," Discussion Papers 5_2007, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- LUBRANO, Michel, 2000. "Bayesian non-linear modellings of the short term US interest rate: the help of non-parametric tools," CORE Discussion Papers 2000038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lubrano, Michel, 2004. "Modélisation bayésienne non linéaire du taux d’intérêt de court terme américain : l’aide des outils non paramétriques," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 80(2), pages 465-499, Juin-Sept.
- Greb, Friederike & Krivobokova, Tatyana & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Munk, Axel, 2011. "On threshold estimation in threshold vector error correction models," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114599, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.