Management and Production Efficiency
AbstractThis paper is aimed at discussing, within the framework of production microeconomics, the properties of production sets with hidden, non observable management inputs. We assume that the effect of such inputs is to enhance the productivities of factors, and may be described through a one-dimensional real variable z. We show that, under some reasonable regularity conditions for the production set that are in line with our basic assumptions onthe effect of management, z may, in general, be expressed by some functio n of the input vector x, and the ouput vecor y, which is uppersemicontinuous in x and y, nonincreasing in x, and nondecreasing in y.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite Aix-Marseille III in its series G.R.E.Q.A.M. with number 97a04.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: G.R.E.Q.A.M., (GROUPE DE RECHERCHE EN ECONOMIE QUANTITATIVE D'AIX MARSEILLE), CENTRE DE VIEILLE CHARITE, 2 RUE DE LA CHARITE, 13002 MARSEILLE.
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.