Growth and Foreign Debt: The Ugandan Experience
AbstractThis paper analyses Uganda's external debt problem. Like many other countries in the sub-Saharan Africa, Uganda is a severely indebted low-income country. Uganda's total debt stock at the end June 1993 was estimated at US$2.64 billion, with a debt service ratio of nearly 80%. A look at Uganda's debt profile since the 1970s reveals a composition of debt mainly from multilateral creditors. The study particularly links debt to economic growth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by African Economic Research Consortium in its series Papers with number 66.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: African Economic Research Consortum, P.O. Box 62882, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: (254-2) 228057
Fax: (254-2) 219308
Web page: http://www.aercafrica.org/
More information through EDIRC
UGANDA ; DEBT ; ECONOMIC GROWTH;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Were, Maureen, 2001. "The Impact of External Debt on Economic Growth in Kenya: An Empirical Assessment," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Luke Emeka Okafor & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2008.
"Foreign Debt and Domestic Savings in Developing Countries,"
2008-06, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Luke, Okafor & Joanna, Tyrowicz, 2008. "Foreign Debt and Domestic Savings In Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 14819, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luke Emeka Okafor & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2010. "Saving less when there is more foreign lending? Foreign debt and savings in developing countries," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 213-223.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.