The Effect of Export Earnings Fluctuations on Capital Formation in Nigeria
AbstractThis study explored the association between export earnings fluctuations and capital formation in Nigeria. Using a reduced form equation built around the flexible accelerator model and adopting a cointegration technique, it discovered that the current level of export earning fluctuations adversely impinges on investment (that is, the change in capital stock) in the short run.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by African Economic Research Consortium in its series Papers with number 103.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: African Economic Research Consortum, P.O. Box 62882, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: (254-2) 228057
Fax: (254-2) 219308
Web page: http://www.aercafrica.org/
More information through EDIRC
TRADE ; CAPITAL MARKET ; INVESTMENTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.