La teoria del Ciclo di Hayek. Esposizione e Discussione (Hayek’s Business Cycle Theory)
AbstractHere we will deal with Hayek economist and without considering his theoretical production completely. In fact, the purpose of the present work is to expose and discuss Hayek’s theory of economic cycle. To try to develop our assignment in best way, naturally, we have also to deal us with Hayek’s monetary theory as well as to mention his theory of capital and his methodological formulations. During this writing, after having delineated Hayek’s analytical tools and the general characters of his analysis, we will introduce the most important models of the cycle elaborated by him during the years; lot of time will be given to the discussion of the model reported in “Prices and Production”, for the reasons that will be subsequently exposed. Then, we will try to discuss the “internal” problems concerning Hayek’s theory to finally draw some conclusions concerning if this theory is still actual or not.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa in its series Working Papers - Economics with number wp2007_04.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
teoria del ciclo; fluttuazioni cicliche; ciclo economico;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Stockholm School)
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2007-10-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2007-10-13 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giorgio Ricchiuti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.