Nontraditional export crops in Guatemala: effects on production, consumption, and nutrition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series Research reports with number 73.
Date of creation: 1989
Date of revision:
Vegetable trade Guatemala.; Exports Guatemala.; Farms; Small Guatemala.; Food supply Guatemala.; Agricultural laborers Guatemala.; Household surveys Guatemala.;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe Muller, 1997. "The consequences of past agricultural outputs on the interacting nutrition and health of autarkic peasants," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Carletto, Calogero & Kirk, Angeli & Winters, Paul & Davis, Benjamin, 2008.
"Globalization and Smallholders: The Adoption, Diffusion, and Welfare Impact of Non-traditional Export Crops in Guatemala,"
Working Paper Series
RP2008/18, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Carletto, Calogero & Kirk, Angeli & Winters, Paul C. & Davis, Benjamin, 2010. "Globalization and Smallholders: The Adoption, Diffusion, and Welfare Impact of Non-Traditional Export Crops in Guatemala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 814-827, June.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2007.
"Toward a Territorial Approach to Rural Development,"
eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 4(1).
- Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2007. "Toward a territorial approach to rural development," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 4(1), pages 66-98.
- Jansen, Hans G.P., 1994. "Improving Horticultural Export Performance of Developing Countries in Asia," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 62(01), April.
- Carter, Michael R. & Barham, Bradford L. & Mesbah, Dina & Stanley, Denise, 1995. "Agro-Exports and the Rural Resource Poor in Latin America: Policy Options for Achieving Broadly Based Growth," Research Papers 12754, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Land Tenure Center.
- Octavio Damiani, 2000. "The State and Nontraditional Agricultural Exports in Latin America: Results and Lessons of Three Case Studies," IDB Publications 51478, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sadoulet, Élisabeth, 2000. "Conférence François-Albert Angers (2000). Marchés imparfaits et modélisation des comportements des ménages paysans : où en sommes-nous?," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 76(4), pages 459-489, dÃ©cembre.
- Tschirley, David L. & Flores, Luis & Mather, David, 2010. "Agricultural and Food Security Policy Analysis in Central America: Assessing Local Institutional Capacity, Data Availability, and Outcomes," Food Security International Development Working Papers 90991, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Carletto, Calogero & Kirk, Angeli & Winters, Paul C. & Davis, Benjamin, 2007.
"Non-Traditional Exports, Traditional Constraints: The Adoption and Diffusion of Cash Crops among Smallholders in Guatemala,"
81st Annual Conference, April 2-4, 2007, Reading University
7962, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Calogero Carletto & Angeli Kirk & Paul Winters & Benjamin Davis, 2007. "Non-Traditional Exports, Traditional Constraints; the Adoption and Diffusion of Cash Crops among Smallholders in Guatemala," Working Papers 07-03, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- R. Albert Berry, 1998. "When do Agricultural Exports Help the Rural Poor? A Political-Economy Approach," Working Papers berry-98-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Senauer, Benjamin, 1989. "Recent Evidence Concerning Household Behavior And Nutrition In Developing Countries," Staff Papers 14261, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Tschirley, David L. & Flores, Luis & Mather, David, 2010. "Agricultural and Food Security Policy Analysis in Central America: Assessing Local Institutional Capacity, Data Availability, and Outcomes," Food Security International Development Working Papers 93029, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Alderman, Harold & Paxson, Christina H & DEC, 1992.
"Do the poor insure? A synthesis of the literature on risk and consumption in developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1008, The World Bank.
- Alderman, H. & Paxson, C.H., 1992. "Do the Poor Insure? A Synthesis of the Literature on Risk and Consumption in Developing Countries," Papers 164, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Octavio Damiani, 2000. "El Estado y la agricultura no tradicional de exportación en América Latina: Resultados y lecciones de tres estudios de casos," IDB Publications 52658, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Valdivia, Corinne & Jette, Christian & Quiroz, Roberto & Gilles, Jere L. & Materer, Susan M., 2000. "Peasant Household Strategies In The Andes And Potential Users Of Climate Forecasts: El Nino Of 1997-1998," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21772, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.