Rural finance and poverty alleviation
AbstractThis report presents information on the credit constraints that poor rural households face ... in nine countries of Asia and Africa (Bangladesh, Cameroon, China, Egypt, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Nepal, and Pakistan). It uses this information to make the case for appropriate public intervention in strengthening rural financial markets and draws conclusions about areas where public resources may best be spent" Preface.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series Food policy reports with number 8.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud, 2005. "Outreach of credit institutes and households' access constraints to formal credit in Northern Vietnam," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 8535, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- Llanto, Gilberto M. & Fukui, Ryu, 2003. "Innovations in Microfinance in Southeast Asia," Discussion Papers DP 2003-11, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar, 2000. "Many borrow, more save, and all insure: implications for food and micro-finance policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 143-167, April.
- Minten, Bart & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2011. "The broken broker system?: Transacting on agricultural wholesale markets in India (Uttarakhand)," IFPRI discussion papers 1143, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Muriel Gilardone & Isabelle Guérin & Jane Palier, 2002. "The weight of institutions on women's capabilities," Post-Print halshs-00421839, HAL.
- Giné, Xavier, 2011. "Access to capital in rural Thailand: An estimated model of formal vs. informal credit," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 16-29, September.
- Mejeha, Remy O. & Nwachukwu, Ifeanyi N., 2008. "Microfinance Institutions in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 13711, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Naveen K Shetty, 2008. "The Microfinance Promise in Financial Inclusion and Welfare of the Poor: Evidence from Karnataka, India," Working Papers 205 Keyword : Banking, Mi, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Jutting, Johannes P., 2004. "Do Community-based Health Insurance Schemes Improve Poor People's Access to Health Care? Evidence From Rural Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 273-288, February.
- World Bank, 2002. "Poverty in Bangladesh : Building on Progress," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15303, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Multisectoral Approaches to Addressing Malnutrition in Bangladesh : The Role of Agriculture and Microcredit," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7965, The World Bank.
- Alex Winter-Nelson & Anna A. Temu, 2005. "Liquidity constraints, access to credit and pro-poor growth in rural Tanzania," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 867-882.
- Sharma, Manohar, 2004.
"Community-driven development and scaling-up of microfinance services,"
178, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sharma, Manohar P., 2004. "Community-driven development and scaling-up of microfinance services," FCND discussion papers 178, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kasarjyan, Milada, 2011. "Improving the functioning of the rural financial markets of Armenia," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 62, number 62.
- Nyemeck, J.B. & Gockowski, James & Nkamleu, Guy Blaise, 2008. "The Role of Credit Access in Improving Cocoa Production in West African Countries," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52095, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Jain, Sanjay & Mansuri, Ghazala, 2003. "A little at a time: the use of regularly scheduled repayments in microfinance programs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 253-279, October.
- Diagne, Aliou & Zeller, Manfred, 2001. "Access to credit and its impact on welfare in Malawi:," Research reports 116, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.