Additions to bank loan-loss reserves: good news or bad news?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in its series Working Papers with number 89-7.
Date of creation: 1988
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Grammatikos, Theoharry & Saunders, Anthony, 1990. "Additions to bank loan-loss reserves : Good news or bad news?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 289-304, March.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bornemann, Sven & Homölle, Susanne & Hubensack, Carsten & Kick, Thomas & Pfingsten, Andreas, 2009. "Determinants for using visible reserves in German banks: an empirical study," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,11, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Cooper, Michael J. & Jackson, William III & Patterson, Gary A., 2003. "Evidence of predictability in the cross-section of bank stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 817-850, May.
- Christopher C. Henderson, 1999. "The Economic Performance of African-American-Owned Banks: The Role of Loan Loss Provisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 372-376, May.
- Mark Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2001.
"The impact of Japan's financial stabilization laws on bank equity values,"
Pacific Basin Working Paper Series
2001-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Spiegel, Mark M. & Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 2003. "The impact of Japan's financial stabilization laws on bank equity values," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 263-282, September.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2002. "The impact of Japan’s financial stabilization laws on bank equity values," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Antonio Roma, 2006. "Common factors and balance sheet structure of major European banks," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(237), pages 123-170.
- Dermine, J. & Neto de Carvalho, C., 2008. "Bank loan-loss provisioning, central bank rules vs. estimation: The case of Portugal," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Kilic, Osman & Hassan, M. Kabir & Tufte, David, 2000. "Market efficiency, the Mexican peso crisis, and the US bank stock returns: An application of the event parameter method," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 73-86.
- Aharony, Joseph & Swary, Itzhak, 1996. "Additional evidence on the information-based contagion effects of bank failures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 57-69, January.
- Elijah Brewer, III & Hesna Genay & George G. Kaufman, 2003. "Banking relationships during financial distress: the evidence from Japan," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 2-18.
- Elijah Brewer, III & William E. Jackson, III, 2002. "Inter-industry contagion and the competitive effects of financial distress announcements: evidence from commercial banks and life insurance companies," Working Paper Series WP-02-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Antonio Roma, 2006. "Common factors and balance sheet structure of major European banks," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(237), pages 123-170.
- Michelle Clark Neely & David C. Wheelock, 1997. "Why does bank performance vary across states?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 27-40.
- Berkman, Henk & Cole, Rebel & Fu, Lawrence, 2008.
"Political connections and minority-shareholder protection: Evidence from securities-market regulation in China,"
8087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berkman, Henk & Cole, Rebel A. & Fu, Lawrence J., 2011. "Political Connections and Minority-Shareholder Protection: Evidence from Securities-Market Regulation in China," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(06), pages 1391-1417, January.
- John R. Walter, 1991. "Loan loss reserves," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 20-30.
- Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Lobo, Gerald J. & Yang, Dong-Hoon, 2005. "Determinants of signaling by banks through loan loss provisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 312-320, March.
- Elijah Brewer, III & Hesna Genay & William C. Hunter & George Kaufman, 1999. "Does the Japanese stock market price bank risk? evidence from financial firm failures," Working Paper Series WP-99-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Fatima Alali & Bikki Jaggi, 2011. "Earnings versus capital ratios management: role of bank types and SFAS 114," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 105-132, January.
- Henk, Berkman & Rebel, Cole & Fu, Lawrence, 2005. "Agency Conflicts, Expropriation and Firm Value: Evidence from Securities-Market Regulation in China," MPRA Paper 52619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panagiotis Staikouras & Christos Staikouras & Maria-Eleni Agoraki, 2007. "The effect of board size and composition on European bank performance," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Kabir, M. Humayun & Hassan, M. Kabir, 2005. "The near-collapse of LTCM, US financial stock returns, and the fed," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 441-460, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.