Predicting bank failure using DEA to quantify management quality
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in its series Financial Industry Studies Working Paper with number 94-1.
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jose Pastor & Lorenzo Serrano, 2005.
"Efficiency, endogenous and exogenous credit risk in the banking systems of the Euro area,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(9), pages 631-649.
- José Manuel Pastor Monsálvez & Lorenzo Serrano Martínez, 2000. "Efficiency, Endogenous And Exogenous Credit Risk In The Banking Systems Of The Euro Area," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-17, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Modélisation de la Prévision de Défaillance Bancaire et Facteurs Réglementaires Une Application aux Banques des Pays Emergents," Finance 0409027, EconWPA.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2007. "Bank Ownership, Characteristics and Performance: A Comparative Analysis of Domestic and Foreign Islamic Banks in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 12131, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jun 2007.
- Fadzlan Sufian, 2012. "For which option is credit risk more representative on China banks' total factor productivity: Efficiency change or technological progress?," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 180-202, April.
- Ahlem Selma Messai & Fathi Jouini, 2013. "Micro and Macro Determinants of Non-performing Loan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 852 - 860.
- Anastasia Koutsomanoli-Filippaki & Emmanuel Mamatzakis, 2009. "Performance and Merton-Type Default Risk of Listed Banks in EU: a panel VAR approach," Discussion Paper Series 2009_09, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2009.
- Anca Pruteanu-Podpiera & Jiří Podpiera, 2008. "The Czech transition banking sector instability: the role of operational cost management," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 209-219, September.
- Robert DeYoung & Gary Whalen, 1999. "Banking Industry Consolidation: Efficiency Issues," Macroeconomics 9906011, EconWPA.
- Jose Pastor, 2002.
"Credit risk and efficiency in the European banking system: A three-stage analysis,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(12), pages 895-911.
- José Manuel Pastor Monsálvez, 1999. "- Credit Risk And Efficiency In The European Banking Systems: A Three-Stage Analysis," Working Papers. Serie EC 1999-18, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Anca Podpiera & Jiri Podpiera, 2005. "Deteriorating Cost Efficiency in Commercial Banks Signals an Increasing Risk of Failure," Working Papers 2005/06, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Pires Gonçalves, Ricardo, 2006. "Management Quality Measurement: Using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) Estimation Approach for Banks in Brazil," MPRA Paper 11143, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berger, Allen N. & DeYoung, Robert, 1997.
"Problem loans and cost efficiency in commercial banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 849-870, June.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 1997. "Problem loans and cost efficiency in commercial banks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-8, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 1995. "Problem Loans and Cost Efficiency in Commercial Banks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Robert DeYoung & Gary Whalen, 1994. "Banking Industry Consolidation: Efficiency Issues," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_110, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2000.
"Why do Banks Disappear? The Determinants of U.S. Bank Failures and Acquisitions,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 127-138, February.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1995. "Why do banks disappear? The determinants of U.S. bank failures and acquisitions," Working Papers 1995-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Excess Credit Risk and Bank’s Default Risk An Application of Default Prediction’s Models to Banks from Emerging Market Economies," Finance 0409028, EconWPA.
- Sufian, Fadzlan, 2009. "Determinants of bank efficiency during unstable macroeconomic environment: Empirical evidence from Malaysia," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 54-77, January.
- Robert DeYoung, 1998. "Management Quality and X-Inefficiency in National Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 5-22, February.
- Stephen M. Miller & Athanasios Noulas, 1995. "Explaining Recent Connecticut Bank Failures," Working papers 1995-01, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Modélisation de la Prévision de Défaillance Bancaire Une Application aux Banques des Pays Emergents," Finance 0409026, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Delia Rodriguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.