Discontinuidades en el crecimiento económico en el periodo 1870-1994: España en perspectiva comparada
AbstractTiming and measuring of Spanish economic growth process in the long term has generated a long debate among a great bulk of researchers. In this paper, we analyze the statistical properties of some Spanish macroeconomic time series in order to offer new evidence to this debate. In particular, we study two macroeconomic series (GDP and per capita GDP) along the period 1870-1994. Besides, the study presents the Spanish case in comparison with the trajectories followed by a reduced group of developed countries: Italy, France, Deutschland, United Kingdom and the United States.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by FEDEA in its series Studies on the Spanish Economy with number 98.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.fedea.net
Other versions of this item:
- Jordi Pons Novell & Daniel A. Tirado Fabregat, 2002. "Discontinuidades en el crecimiento económico en el periodo 1870-1994: España en perspectiva comparada," Working Papers 2002/4, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-05-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emanuele Felice & Josep Pujol Andreu, 2013. "GDP and life expectancy in Italy and Spain over the long-run (1861-2008): insights from a time-series approach," UHE Working papers 2013_06, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.