Existence and Comparative Statics in Heterogeneous Cournot Oligopolies
AbstractWe prove the existence of symmetric pure Cournot equilibria with heterogeneous goods under the following condition: Each firm reacts to a rise in competitor's output in such a way that its market price does not rise.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European University Institute in its series Economics Working Papers with number eco2000/8.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Badia Fiesolana, Via dei Roccettini, 9, 50016 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI) Italy
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/ECO/
More information through EDIRC
OLIGOPOLIES ; MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS;
Other versions of this item:
- Hoernig, Steffen, 2000. "Existence and comparative statics in heterogeneous Cournot Oligopolies," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp388, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Gastaldo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.