Cash on Delivery: A New Approach to Foreign Aid
AbstractForeign aid often works, but it is often criticized for being ineffective or even for undermining progress in developing countries. This brief describes a new approach, Cash on Delivery Aid, which gives recipients full responsibility and authority over funds paid in proportion to verifed measures of progress.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:3308.
Date of creation: Dec 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
Foreign; aid; developing countries; Cash; Delivery; progress;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrews, Matt & Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael, 2013.
"Escaping Capability Traps Through Problem Driven Iterative Adaptation (PDIA),"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 234-244.
- Andrews, Matt & Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael, 2012. "Escaping Capability Traps through Problem-Driven Iterative Adaptation (PDIA)," Working Paper Series rwp12-036, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Andrews, Matt & Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael, 2012. "Escaping Capability Traps Through Problem Driven Iterative Adaptation (PDIA)," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sumner, Andy, 2012. "Where Do The Poor Live?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 865-877.
- John Richards, 2013. "Diplomacy, Trade and Aid: Searching for "Synergies"," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 394, November.
- Alan Gelb, 2010. "How Can Donors Create Incentives for Results and Flexibility for Fragile States? A Proposal for IDA," Working Papers id:3233, eSocialSciences.
- Felipe Barrera-Osorio & Darío Maldonado & Catherine Rodríguez, 2012.
"Calidad de la Educación Básica y Media en Colombia: Diagnóstico y Propuestas,"
010321, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Felipe Barrera-Osorio & Dario Maldonado & Catherine Rodríguez, 2012. "Calidad de la educación básica y media en Colombia: diagnóstico y propuestas," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 010078, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael & Andrews, Matt, 2012.
"Looking Like a State: Techniques of Persistent Failure in State Capability for Implementation,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lant Pritchett & Michael Woolcock & Matt Andrews, 2013. "Looking Like a State: Techniques of Persistent Failure in State Capability for Implementation," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Charles Kenny, William Savedoff, 2013. "Can Results-Based Payments Reduce Corruption?-Working Paper 345," Working Papers 345, Center for Global Development.
- Andy Sumner, 2010. "Global Poverty and the New Bottom Billion: What if Three-quarters of the World?s Poor Live in Middle-income Countries?," Working Papers 74, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.