Reflections on Global Account Imbalances and Emerging Markets Reserve Accumulation
AbstractThe lecture focuses on some implications -- both positive and normative -- of the most surprising development in the international financial system over the last half dozen years. That development is the large flow of capital from the world’s most successful emerging markets to the traditional industrial countries, and the associated enormous buildup of reserves in the developing world. This was neither predictable nor predicted and the implications are large and have not yet fully been thought through.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1042.
Date of creation: Jul 2007
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
global capital flow; industrial countries; traditional industrial countries; international financial system; capital market; Europe; China; global reserves; G7/G8; IMF; World Bank; Economics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G7/ - Financial Economics - - - - -
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriela Contreras & Alejandro Jara & Eduardo Olaberría & Diego Saravia, 2012. "On the Level of International Reserves in Chile: an Analysis Based on Complementary Approaches," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 15(3), pages 40-63, December.
- Camilo González & Luisa F. Silva & Carmiña O. Vargas & Andrés M. Velasco, 2013.
"An exploration on interbank markets and the operational framework of monetary policy in Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
782, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Camilo González & Luisa F. Silva & Carmiña O. Vargas & Andrés M. Velasco, 2013. "An exploration on interbank markets and the operational framework of monetary policy in Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 010982, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Stanley Watt & Donal McGettigan & Saade Chami, 2007. "Jordan's International Reserve Position: Justifiably Strong," IMF Working Papers 07/103, International Monetary Fund.
- Javier Gómez Restrepo & Juan Sebastián Rojas Bohorquez, 2013. "Assessing Reserve Adequacy: The Colombian Case," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 010981, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.