Making a consultancy slideshow 'rock solid': a study of pragmatic efficacy
AbstractExamines the pragmatic efficacy of a the diagrammatic presentation of managerial problems in a consultancy slideshow through an ethnographic analysis of a consultancy mission, and discusses findings in the light of a pragmatist approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech in its series CSI Working Papers Series with number 027.
Length: 41 pages
Date of creation: May 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 60 boulevard Saint Michel, 75272 Paris cedex 06
Phone: + 188.8.131.52.92.88
Fax: + 184.108.40.206.56.28
Web page: http://www.csi.mines-paristech.fr/
More information through EDIRC
management consulting; organizational ethnography; powerpoint; managerial communication; pragmatism;
Other versions of this item:
- Alaric Bourgoin & Fabian Muniesa, 2012. "Making a consultancy slideshow 'rock solid': a study of pragmatic efficacy," Post-Print halshs-00702224, HAL.
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
- M00 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-06 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quattrone, Paolo, 2009. "Books to be practiced: Memory, the power of the visual, and the success of accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 85-118, January.
- Donald MacKenzie & Fabian Muniesa & Lucia Siu, 2007.
"Introduction to Do Economists Make Markets? On the Performativity of Economics
[Do Economists Make Markets? On the Performativity of Economics]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Andrew Sturdy, 1997. "The Consultancy Process - An Insecure Business?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 389-413, 05.
- Robin Fincham, 1999. "The Consultant-Client Relationship: Critical Perspectives on the Management of Organizational Change," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 335-351, 05.
- Doganova, Liliana & Eyquem-Renault, Marie, 2009. "What do business models do?: Innovation devices in technology entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1559-1570, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.