What does it mean to say that economics is performative?
AbstractDiscusses the performativity of economics and proposes theoretical directions to study it from a sociological perspective.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech in its series CSI Working Papers Series with number 005.
Length: 58 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 60 boulevard Saint Michel, 75272 Paris cedex 06
Phone: + 184.108.40.206.92.88
Fax: + 220.127.116.11.56.28
Web page: http://www.csi.mines-paristech.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Economics; economic sociology; actor-network theory; science studies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2006-09-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2006-09-11 (Sociology of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faulhaber, Gerald R & Baumol, William J, 1988. "Economists as Innovators: Practical Products of Theoretical Research," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 577-600, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The economics of designing markets, and the sociology of "civilizing" them
by Al Roth in Market Design on 2013-04-11 12:27:00
- Are markets matching Callon and Roth?
by Jose Ossandon in Charisma on 2013-04-08 08:00:58
- Isabelle Huault & Hélène Rainelli-Le Montagner, 2007.
"Innovations financières:construire et légitimer un nouveau marché financier de gré à gré–le cas des dérivés de crédit,"
Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie,
revues.org, vol. 10(1), pages 211-243, March.
- Isabelle Huault & Hélène Rainelli Le Montagner, 2007. "Innovations financières : construire et légitimer un nouveau marché financier de gré à gré," Post-Print halshs-00150768, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.