Measurement and Testing of Inequality from Time Series of Deciles with an Application to U.S. Wages
AbstractThis article uses unobserved components time series models to capture the underlying trends in the quarterly deciles of US hourly wages. Tests of stability and divergence are suggested as a means of assessing changes in inequality. The decrease in the wage gender gap is examined and the impact of changes in the minimum wage is assessed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Econometric Society in its series Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers with number 0861.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Phone: 1 212 998 3820
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/pastmeetings.asp
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Andrew Harvey & Jared Bernstein, 2003. "Measurement and Testing of Inequality from Time Series of Deciles with an Application to U.S. Wages," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 141-152, February.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- C. Higson & S. Holly & P. Kattuman & S. Platis, 2004.
"The Business Cycle, Macroeconomic Shocks and the Cross-Section: The Growth of UK Quoted Companies,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(281), pages 299-318, 05.
- Higson, C. & Holly, S. & Kattuman, P. & S. Platis, 2001. "The Business Cycle, Macroeconomic Shocks and the Cross Section: The Growth of UK Quoted Companies," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0114, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Alvaro Angeriz & Philip Arestis, 2007.
"Assessing Inflation Targeting Through Intervention Analysis,"
Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006
87, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Alvaro Angeriz & Philip Arestis, 2008. "Assessing inflation targeting through intervention analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(2), pages 293-317, April.
- Tommaso Proietti, 2005. "Convergence in Italian regional per-capita GDP," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 497-506.
- Busettti, F. & Harvey, A., 2007.
"Tests of time-invariance,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0657, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- DeRossi, G. & Harvey, A., 2006. "Time-Varying Quantiles," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0649, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.