Model Specification Testing in Nonparametric and Semiparametric Time Series Econometric Models
AbstractWe propose a simultaneous model specification procedure for the conditional mean and conditional variance in nonparametric and semiparametric time series econometric models. An adaptive and optimal model specification test procedure is then constructed and its asymptotic properties are investigated. The main results extend and generalize existing results for testing the mean of a fixed design nonparametric regression model to the testing of both the conditional mean and conditional variance nonparametric and semiparametric time series econometric models. In addition, we develop computer-intensive bootstrap simulation procedures for the selection of an interval of bandwidth parameters as well as the choice of asymptotic critical values. An example of implementation is given to show how to implement the proposed simultaneous model specification procedure in practice. Moreover, finite sample studies are presented to support the proposed test procedure
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Econometric Society in its series Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings with number 225.
Date of creation: 11 Aug 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Phone: 1 212 998 3820
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/pastmeetings.asp
More information through EDIRC
model specification; nonpatametric and semiparametric time series econometrics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gao, Jiti & Lu, Zudi & Tjostheim, Dag, 2003. "Semiparametric spatial regression: theory and practice," MPRA Paper 11991, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2006.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano, 2006. "Joint Diagnostic Tests for Conditional Mean and Variance Specifications," Faculty Working Papers 02/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.