Faut-il attribuer le revenu de solidarité active à 18 ans ?
AbstractIn 2009, France will replace its income maintenance scheme, "revenu minimum d'insertion", by a new one, revenu de solidarité active, which will improve the beneficiaries'incentives to work. While some have claimed that the reform should lower the current age limit to get the benefit, i.e., 25 years, except for a parent, the law has not changed it. This note states the pros and cons of putting a 18 years age limit and eventually concludes against it. On this specific issue, the cautious conservatism of the reform – one of its an overall features – appears to be supported by theoretical reasoning.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 911.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 01 Oct 2008
Date of revision:
active solidarity income (revenu de solidarité active); minimum integration income (revenu minimum d'insertion); income maintenance schemes; universal basic grant; incentives; redistribution; poverty among the young;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.