Non-tariff Barriers Affecting IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Exports
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is first of all to highlight that Indian exports do face non-tariff barriers in major export markets especially the US, EU, Japan and other developed countries, which significantly hinder Indias exports to these markets. A second related aim is to illustrate the range of barriers, which confront Indian exporters. A third proximate goal is to suggest policy responses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by East Asian Bureau of Economic Research in its series Trade Working Papers with number 22116.
Date of creation: Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
export; non-tariff barriers;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda & Chakraborty, Debashis, 2007.
"Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth after Liberalisation: An Analysis of Indian States,"
6472, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sacchidananda Mukherjee & Debashis Chakraborty, 2007. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth after Liberalisation : An Analysis of Indian States," Development Economics Working Papers 22505, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Gordhan K. Saini, 2009. "Non-tariff measures and Indian textiles and clothing exports," Working Papers 2009-002, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Sachin Chaturvedi, 2006. "Trade Facilitation and Customs Valuations in India : Identifying the Gaps," Trade Working Papers 22087, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Okumu, Luke & Nyankori, James Cyprian Okuk, 2010. "Non-tariff barriers in EAC customs union: implications for trade between Uganda and other EAC countries," Research Series 113621, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.