Foreign Direct Investment, Local Content Requirement, and Profit Taxation
AbstractWe develop a partial equilibrium model of foreign direct investment (FDI) in which identical foreign firms locate themselves in a host country to compete in a segmented oligopolistic market for a homogeneous commodity.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University in its series ISER Discussion Paper with number 0438.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
FOREIGN INVESTMENTS ; TAXATION;
Other versions of this item:
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1998. "Foreign Direct Investment, Local Content Requirement, and Profit Taxation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 444-57, March.
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Svetlana Raudonen, 2008. "The Impact of Corporate Taxation on Foreign Direct Investment: a Survey," Working Papers 182, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Ronald B. Davies & Christopher J. Ellis, 2001.
"Competition in Taxes and Performance Requirements for Foreign Direct Investment,"
University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers
2001-4, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jun 2001.
- Davies, Ronald B. & Ellis, Christopher J., 2007. "Competition in taxes and performance requirements for foreign direct investment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 1423-1442, August.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Mesa, Fernando, 2006. "Local content requirement on foreign direct investment under exchange rate volatility," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 346-363.
- Jung Hur & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2004. "On the Role of Local Content Requirement in Defusing the Threat of Quid-Pro-Quo FDI," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 641, Econometric Society.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2004:i:24:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Richardson, 1998. "Foreign entry and domestic welfare," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 250-262, June.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2009. "A small firm leads to curious outcomes: Social surplus, consumer surplus, and R&D activities," ISER Discussion Paper 0742, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Amy Glass & Kamal Saggi, 1999. "FDI Selection: Crowding Out and Distributional Effects," Working Papers 99-03, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Kazuhiro Takauchi, 2011. "Rules of origin and international R&D rivalry," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2319-2332.
- Ronald B Davies & Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2007.
"Tax Competition for International Producers and the Mode of Foreign Market Entry,"
0711, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Ronald B. Davies & Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2003. "Tax Competition for International Producers and the Mode of Foreign Market Entry," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2006-19, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 10 Jun 2003.
- Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Strategic R and D investments with uncertainty," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(1), pages 1-7.
- Andreas Haufler & Ian Wooton, .
"Country Size and Tax Competition for Foreign Direct Investment,"
9702, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Haufler, Andreas & Wooton, Ian, 1999. "Country size and tax competition for foreign direct investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 121-139, January.
- repec:kgu:wpaper:98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Azam & Muhammad Khan & Nasir Iqbal, 2012. "Impact of Political Risk and Uncertainty on FDI in South Asia," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 59-77, September.
- Hiroaki Ino & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2013. "Asymmetric welfare implication between a small number of leaders and a small number of followers in Stackelberg models," Discussion Paper Series 098, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Jan 2013.
- Seiichi Katayama & Sajal Lahiri & Eiichi Tomiura, 2005. "Cost Heterogeneity and the Destination of Foreign Direct Investment," Discussion Paper Series 166, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Qiu, Larry D. & Tao, Zhigang, 2001. "Export, foreign direct investment, and local content requirement," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 101-125, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.