Foreign Direct Investment, Local Content Requirement, and Profit Taxation
AbstractWe develop a partial equilibrium model of foreign direct investment (FDI) in which identical foreign firms locate themselves in a host country to compete in a segmented oligopolistic market for a homogeneous commodity.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University in its series ISER Discussion Paper with number 0438.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
FOREIGN INVESTMENTS ; TAXATION;
Other versions of this item:
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1998. "Foreign Direct Investment, Local Content Requirement, and Profit Taxation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 444-57, March.
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davies, Ronald B. & Ellis, Christopher J., 2007.
"Competition in taxes and performance requirements for foreign direct investment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 1423-1442, August.
- Ronald B. Davies & Christopher J. Ellis, 2001. "Competition in Taxes and Performance Requirements for Foreign Direct Investment," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2001-4, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jun 2001.
- Ronald B. Davies & Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2003.
"Tax Competition for International Producers and the Mode of Foreign Market Entry,"
University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers
2006-19, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 10 Jun 2003.
- Ronald B Davies & Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2007. "Tax Competition for International Producers and the Mode of Foreign Market Entry," Working Papers 0711, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Martin Richardson, 1998. "Foreign entry and domestic welfare," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 250-262, June.
- Qiu, Larry D. & Tao, Zhigang, 2001. "Export, foreign direct investment, and local content requirement," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 101-125, October.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2009. "A small firm leads to curious outcomes: Social surplus, consumer surplus, and R&D activities," ISER Discussion Paper 0742, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Andreas Haufler & Ian Wooton, .
"Country Size and Tax Competition for Foreign Direct Investment,"
9702, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Haufler, Andreas & Wooton, Ian, 1999. "Country size and tax competition for foreign direct investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 121-139, January.
- Amy Glass & Kamal Saggi, 1999. "FDI Selection: Crowding Out and Distributional Effects," Working Papers 99-03, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Kazuhiro Takauchi, 2011. "Rules of origin and international R&D rivalry," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2319-2332.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Mesa, Fernando, 2006. "Local content requirement on foreign direct investment under exchange rate volatility," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 346-363.
- Jung Hur & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2004. "On the Role of Local Content Requirement in Defusing the Threat of Quid-Pro-Quo FDI," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 641, Econometric Society.
- Seiichi Katayama & Sajal Lahiri & Eiichi Tomiura, 2005. "Cost Heterogeneity and the Destination of Foreign Direct Investment," Discussion Paper Series 166, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Strategic R and D investments with uncertainty," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(1), pages 1-7.
- repec:kgu:wpaper:98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hiroaki Ino & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2013. "Asymmetric welfare implication between a small number of leaders and a small number of followers in Stackelberg models," Discussion Paper Series 098, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Jan 2013.
- Svetlana Raudonen, 2008. "The Impact of Corporate Taxation on Foreign Direct Investment: a Survey," Working Papers 182, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.