Foreign Direct Investment and the Nature of R&D
AbstractTo study the impact of foreign direct investment (FDI) on innovation, imitation and technology transfer, we introduce FDI into Grossman and Helpman's quality ladders product cycle model, thus allowing technology transfer between countries to occur through both FDI and imitation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University in its series ISER Discussion Paper with number 0420.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
FOREIGN INVESTMENT ; RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT;
Other versions of this item:
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jota Ishikawa & Eiji Horiuchi, 2012.
"Strategic Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(281), pages 229-242, 06.
- ISHIKAWA Jota & HORIUCHI Eiji, 2012. "Strategic Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets," Discussion papers, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) 12014, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Pack, Howard & Saggi, Kamal, 1999. "Exporting, externalities, and technology transfer," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2065, The World Bank.
- Saggi, Kamal, 2000.
"Trade, foreign direct investment, and international technology transfer : a survey,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2349, The World Bank.
- Kamal Saggi, 2002. "Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, and International Technology Transfer: A Survey," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 191-235, September.
- Giovanni Peri & Dieter M. Urban, 2003.
"The Veblen-Gerschenkron Effect of FDI in Mezzogiorno and East Germany,"
31, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Peri & Dieter Urban, 2002. "The Veblen-Gerschenkron Effect of FDI in Mezzogiorno and East Germany," Development Working Papers 164, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Jocelyn Glass, Amy & Saggi, Kamal, 2002. "Licensing versus direct investment: implications for economic growth," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 131-153, January.
- Helene, LATZER, 2006. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Nature of the Imitation Process," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques), UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques 2006012, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques.
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal, 2002. "Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 387-410, March.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Saggi, Kamal, 1999. "Multilateral disciplines for investment-related policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2138, The World Bank.
- Amy Glass & Kamal Saggi, 1999. "The Dynamic Impact of Internalization Advantage," Working Papers, Ohio State University, Department of Economics 99-04, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Mielnik, Otavio & Goldemberg, Jose, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and decoupling between energy and gross domestic product in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 87-89, January.
- Hodaka Morita & Xuan Nguyen, 2012. "FDI and Technology Spillovers under Vertical Product Di erentiation," Discussion Papers, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales 2012-19, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Pack, Howard & Saggi, Kamal, 2001. "Vertical technology transfer via international outsourcing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 389-415, August.
- Metaxas, Theodore & Kechagia, Polyxeni, 2012. "F.D.I. through the imitation procedure The case of China: A Note," MPRA Paper 40886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal, 2001. "Innovation and wage effects of international outsourcing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 67-86, January.
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal, 1998. "International technology transfer and the technology gap," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 369-398, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.