Efficient Horizontal Mergers
AbstractThis paper considers the Debreu  - Farell  - Färe  measure of efficiency of merger to compare economic efficiencies of alternative merged entities in a homogenous good industry. The comparability results rely on concentration curve dominance relation and identify the class of cost functions for which efficiency ranking the entities becomes unambiguous. The results have been developed under alternative assumptions about the total output and number of firms of the merging subgroups.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 98-18.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Economic Theory, vol.82, 1998
MERGERS ; MARKETS STRUCTURES;
Other versions of this item:
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.