L'économie des générations: les familles et l'Etat
AbstractThe debate concerning the future of retirement schemes focuses too often on the relations between the market and the State, while underestimating the role of the family, or rather of heterogeneous families with respect to financial means, the importance of liquidity constraints, but also regarding the number and the preferences of overlapping generations. The objective of the paper is to better understand the interactions between public redistribution and intergenerational reciprocities within the family - whether upward or downward, direct or "indirect", backward - or forward-looking, instantaneous or deferred reciprocities. French data (concerning, notably, three a adult generations families) allow to undermine some prejudices about the consequences of population aging. They also reveal the importance of "retrospective effects" : transfer behaviours appear, everything being equal, stongly influenced by those of the previous generation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 1999-19.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
SOCIETE ; FAMILLE ; GENERATIONS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice and Growth - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jellal, Mohamed & wolff, François charles, 2005.
"Dynamique des transferts intergénérationnels et effet de démonstration
[Dynamics of Intergenerational Transfers and the Demonstration Effect]," MPRA Paper 38419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohamed JELLAL & François-Charles WOLFF, 2005. "Dynamique des transferts intergénérationnels et effet de démonstration," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 77, pages 81-107.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.