Weighted Minimum Mean-Square Distance from Independence Estimation
AbstractIn this paper we introduce a family of semi-parametric estimators, suggested by Manski's minimum mean-square distance from independence estimator. We establish the strong consistency, asymptotic normality and consistency of bootstrap estimates of the sampling distribution and the asymptotic variance of these estimators.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University in its series Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers with number 1288.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2001
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Econometrica (September 2002), 70(5): 2035-2051
Note: CFP 1042
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA
Phone: (203) 432-3702
Fax: (203) 432-6167
Web page: http://cowles.econ.yale.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Cowles Foundation, Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA
Other versions of this item:
- Donald J. Brown & Marten H. Wegkamp, 2002. "Weighted Minimum Mean-Square Distance from Independence Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(5), pages 2035-2051, September.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yuichi Kitamura, 2006. "Empirical Likelihood Methods in Econometrics: Theory and Practice," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-430, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Xiaohong Chen & Oliver Linton & Ingrid Van Keilegom, 2003.
"Estimation of Semiparametric Models when the Criterion Function is not Smooth,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2003/450, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Xiaohong Chen & Oliver Linton & Ingrid Van Keilegom, 2003. "Estimation of Semiparametric Models when the Criterion Function Is Not Smooth," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1591-1608, 09.
- Xiaohong Chen & Oliver Linton & Ingrid Van Keilegom, 2003. "Estimation of semiparametric models when the criterion function is not smooth," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2167, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Xiaohong Chen & Oliver Linton & Ingred Van Keilegom, 2002. "Estimation of semiparametric models when the criterion function is not smooth," CeMMAP working papers CWP02/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Gaurab Aryal & Isabelle Perrigne & Quang Vuong, 2011. "Identification of Insurance Models with Multidimensional Screening," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2011-538, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Du, Zaichao, 2014. "Testing for serial independence of panel errors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 248-261.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Glena Ames).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.