A Mathematical Model for Performance Evaluation in the R&D Laboratories: Theory and Application in Italy
AbstractAim of this paper is to build a method of performance evaluation for research organization, using a systemic approach that considers the interrelations among activities (administrative, scientific, technologic). The method is based on the research laboratories evaluation (relev) function which is a linear combination of seven indices, two financials, two tacit technological transfer, two bibliometrics and one technological. The relev function summarises quantitative, qualitative and cost aspects, it is simple and emphasizes evaluation of R&D outcomes rather than behaviour. The validity of the relev methodology was tested on the National Research Council Institutes operating in North West Italy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) in its series CERIS Working Paper with number 199912.
Length: 33 pages Keywords : Evaluation, Indices, Performance, Research
Date of creation: Dec 1999
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony F J van Raan, 1993. "Advanced bibliometric methods to assess research performance and scientific development: basic principles and recent practical applications," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 151-166, December.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enrico Viarisio) or (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.