The missing factor: entrepreneurial networks, enterprises and economic growth in Ghana
AbstractThis paper contains the preliminary results from an empirical investigation into the economic role played by entrepreneurial networks in the Ghanaian Manufacturing Sector. The results suggest that such networks are an important factor determining the outputs of the sampled enterprises. Three proxies for networking activity are used: the number of contacts; the entrepreneur maintains; the diversity off those contacts; and an estimate of the number of liaisons made with contacts over the course of a year.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford in its series CSAE Working Paper Series with number 1995-11.
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Abigail Barr, 1995. "The missing factor: entrepreneurial networks, enterprises and economic growth in Ghana," Economics Series Working Papers, University of Oxford, Department of Economics WPS/1995-11, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Caballero, R.J. & Lyons, R.K., 1989.
"Internal Versus External Economies In European Industry,"
Discussion Papers, Columbia University, Department of Economics
1989_10, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Caballero, Ricardo J. & Lyons, Richard K., 1990. "Internal versus external economies in European industry," European Economic Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 805-826, June.
- Bartelsman, Eric J & Caballero, Ricardo J & Lyons, Richard K, 1994. "Customer- and Supplier-Driven Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1075-84, September.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Payne).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.