Multiregime Term Structure Models
AbstractThe Ho and Lee model is the analogue for the study of the term structure of interest rates of the binomial tree introduced by Cox, Ross and Rubinstein in the one risky asset case. This model allows only for a small number of deformations of the term structure between two successive dates, and is therefore incompatible with available data. We propose here to reconcile tree approaches and statistical inference. We consider regime models for which the deformation of the term structure may behave randomly in each regime. Questions about constraints induced by no arbitrage are also addressed in a context of asymmetric information between traders and the econometrician in charge with the estimation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique in its series Working Papers with number 97-50.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Gouriéroux, C. & Scaillet, O., 1997. "Multiregime Term Structure Models," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1998002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Dec 1997.
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- E, Clement & Christian Gourieroux & Alain Monfort, 1997.
"Econometric Specification of the Risk Neutral Valuation Model,"
97-33, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Clement, E. & Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A., 2000. "Econometric specification of the risk neutral valuation model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 117-143.
- Clément, E. & Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1997. "Econometric specification of the risk neutral valuation model," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9706, CEPREMAP.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.