The Autoregressive Conditional Root (ACR) Model
AbstractIn this paper we propose and analyse the Autoregressive Conditional Root (ACR) timeseries model, which allows for endogenously generated regime switching between seemingly stationaryand non-stationary epochs. It proves to be an appealing alternative to existing nonlinear models suchas e.g. the threshold autoregressive or Markov switching classes of models, which are commonly used todescribe nonlinear dynamics as implied by arbitrage in presence of transaction costs. Simple conditionson the parameters of the ACR process and its innovations, are shown to imply geometric ergodicity,stationarity and existence of moments. Furthermore, we establish consistency and asymptotic normalityof the maximum likelihood estimators in the ACR model. An application to French-German exchangerate data illustrate the conclusions and analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique in its series Working Papers with number 2005-26.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frédérique Bec & Songlin Zeng, 2012.
"Are Southeast Asian Real Exchange Rates Mean Reverting?,"
THEMA Working Papers
2012-25, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Bec, Frédérique & Zeng, Songlin, 2013. "Are Southeast Asian real exchange rates mean reverting?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 265-282.
- Frédérique Bec & Songlin Zeng, 2012. "Are Southeast Asian Real Exchange Rates Mean Reverting?," Working Papers hal-00685812, HAL.
- Frédérique Bec & Alain Guay & Emmanuel Guerre, 2002.
"Adaptive Consistent Unit Root Tests Based on Autoregressive Threshold Model,"
2002-46, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Bec, Frederique & Guay, Alain & Guerre, Emmanuel, 2008. "Adaptive consistent unit-root tests based on autoregressive threshold model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 94-133, January.
- Jumah, Adusei & Kunst, Robert M., 2008. "Optimizing Time-series Forecasts for Inflation and Interest Rates Using Simulation and Model Averaging," Economics Series 231, Institute for Advanced Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.