The Currency Reform as the Last Stage of Economic and Monetary Union: Some Policy Questions
AbstractThe paper discusses the policy problems involved in replacing several national currencies with a single currency in a monetary union. While these problems are of general interest, the analysis is motivated by the plan for Economic and Monetary Union among the members of the European Community. The issues discussed include the choice of conversion rates and the effects of exchange rate devaluations at the time of the monetary reform.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 591.
Date of creation: Oct 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lehment, Harmen & Scheide, Joachim, 1992. "Die europäische Wirtschafts- und Währungsunion : Probleme des Übergangs," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1513, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.