A diagnostic m-test for distributional specification of parametric conditional heteroscedasticity models for financial data
AbstractThis paper proposes a convenient and generally applicable diognostic m-test for checking the distributional specification of parametric conditional heteroscedasticity models for financial data such as customary student t GARCH model. The proposed test is based on the moments of probability integral transform of the innovations of the assumed model. Monte-carlo evidence indicates that our suggested test performs well both in terms of size and power.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 2002024.
Date of creation: 00 Apr 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
parametric conditional heteroscedasticity models; distributional speciﬁcation test; m-testing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bontemps, Christian & Meddahi, Nour, 2007.
"Testing Distributional Assumptions: A GMM Approach,"
IDEI Working Papers
486, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- N. Meddahi & C. Bontemps, 2004. "Testing Distributional Assumptions: A GMM Approach," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 487, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.