Economic Growth, Technology Trade and R&D
AbstractThe present project is oriented to evaluate the performance of technological trade and research and development (R&D) expenditure, as a measure of productivity in explaining economic growth. Using data for OECD countries under a simple neoclassical growth model framework, the role of technology trade and investment in R&D is verified as an approximate measurement of productivity. In this case two thirds of total economic growth can be explained jointly by the introduction of these two variables in to the model specification together with human and capital accumulation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR in its series DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO with number 007626.
Date of creation: 27 Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Cross-country growth; technology trade; research and development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2010-11-06 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-INO-2010-11-06 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Fortich).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.