The Structure of Slave Prices in New Orleans, 1804 to 1862
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UCLA Department of Economics in its series UCLA Economics Working Papers with number 119.
Date of creation: 01 May 1978
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.ucla.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1979. "The Structure of Slave Prices in New Orleans, 1804 to 1862," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(4), pages 496-518, October.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Metzer, Jacob, 1975. "Rational management, modern business practices, and economies of scale in the ante-bellum southern plantations," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 123-150, April.
- Charles Calomiris & Jonathan Pritchett, 2008.
"Preserving Slave Families for Profit: Traders' Incentives and Pricing in the New Orleans Slave Market,"
NBER Working Papers
14281, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Pritchett, Jonathan B., 2009. "Preserving Slave Families for Profit: Traders' Incentives and Pricing in the New Orleans Slave Market," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(04), pages 986-1011, December.
- Mark Yanochik & Bradley Ewing & Mark Thornton, 2001. "A new perspective on antebellum slavery: Public policy and slave prices," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(3), pages 330-340, September.
- Chenny, Shirley & St-Amour, Pascal & Vencatachellum, Désiré, 2003.
"Slaves Prices from Succession and Bankruptcy Sales in Mauritius, 1825-1827,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Chenny, Shirley & St-Amour, Pascal & Vencatachellum, Desire, 2003. "Slave prices from succession and bankruptcy sales in Mauritius, 1825-1827," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 419-442, October.
- Shirley Chenny & Pascal St-Amour & Désiré Vencatachellum, 2002. "Slave Prices from Succession and Bankruptcy Sales in Mauritius, 1825--1827," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-79, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tim Kwok).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.