Maximum Lebesgue Extension Of Convex Risk Measures
AbstractGiven a convex risk measure on $L^\infty$ having the Lebesgue property, we construct a solid space of random variables on which the original risk measure is extended preserving the Lebesgue property (on the entire space). This space is an order-continuous Banach lattice, and is maximum among all solid spaces admitting such a regular extension. We then characterize the space in terms of uniform integrability of certain families. As a byproduct, we present a generalization of Jouini-Schachermayer-Touziâ€™s theorem on the weakcompactness characterization of Lebesgue property, which is valid for any solid vector spaces of random variables, and does not require any topological property of the space.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo in its series CARF F-Series with number CARF-F-287.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2012
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-09 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Patrick Cheridito & Freddy Delbaen & Michael Kupper, 2005. "Coherent and convex monetary risk measures for unbounded càdlàg processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 369-387, 07.
- Patrick Cheridito & Tianhui Li, 2009. "Risk Measures On Orlicz Hearts," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 189-214.
- Freddy Delbaen, 2009. "Risk Measures For Non-Integrable Random Variables," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 329-333.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.