The Determinants of Investment in Employee Owned Firms: Evidence from France
AbstractIn this paper we use a large panel data set to test competing hypotheses about investment in employee owned firms (EOFs), especially the view that EOFs will invest less. Most of the variables stressed by labour-management theorists as inhibiting investment are found not to play any role in practice, but the volume of investment is found to be positively associated with the share of investment funded externally. This highlights the crucial role of external finance in supporting investments in EOFs.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Performance, LSE in its series CEP Discussion Papers with number dp0087.
Date of creation: Jul 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kazuhiro Ohnishi, 2009. "Strategic Commitment and Three-Stage Games with Labour-Managed and Profit-Maximizing Firms," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 63-74, Autumn.
- Derek C. Jones & Takao Kato & Jeffrey Pliskin, 1999.
"Profit Sharing and Gainsharing: A Review of Theory, Incidence, and Effects,"
- Derek C. Jones & Takao Kato & Jeffrey Pliskin, 1994. "Profit Sharing and Gainsharing: A Review of Theory, Incidence, and Effects," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_125, Levy Economics Institute.
- Francesca Gagliardi, 2009. "Financial development and the growth of cooperative firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 439-464, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.