Presence of Persistence in Industrial Production: The Case of India
AbstractThis paper tests for the presence of persistence in Indian industrial production. Persistence implies the existence of a unit root in the series. We therefore employ the augmented Dickey Fuller test as well as the Phillips Perron test. We also use the Bayesian framework which is superior to the classical procedure. Our results generally support the existence of a unit root thus differing from findings of earlier studies. The existence of persistence in industrial output has important policy implications.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics in its series Working papers with number 63.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: Apr 1999
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Pami Dua & Tapas Mishra, 1999. "Presence of Persistence in Industrial production: The Case of India," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 34(1), pages 23-38, January.
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dutt, Amitava K. & Ros, Jaime, 2007. "Aggregate demand shocks and economic growth," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 75-99, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vinayan. K.P).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.