Microsimulation and Policy Debate: A Case Study of the Minimum Pension Guarantee in Britain
AbstractThis paper is concerned with the relationship between microsimulation models and policy debate. It seeks to highlight some of the ways in which these models can contribute to debate, both in answering questions and in posing new ones. As an illustration, the authors consider a case study of the minimum pension guarantee, which has been proposed as a reform of the state pension system in the UK.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge in its series Cambridge Working Papers in Economics with number 9815.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atkinson, A.B. & Bourguignon, Francois & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Sutherland, Holly & Utili, F., 1999. "Microsimulation and the formulation of policy: a case study of targeting in the European Union," EUROMOD Working Papers EM2/99, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Mantovani, D. & Papadopoulos, Fotis & Sutherland, Holly & Tsakloglou, P., 2005.
"Pension incomes in the European Union: policy reform strategies in comparative perspective,"
EUROMOD Working Papers
EM5/05, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Mantovani, Daniela & Papadopoulos, Fotis & Sutherland, Holly & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2005. "Pension Incomes in the European Union: Policy Reform Strategies in Comparative Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 1537, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniela Mantovani & Fotis Papadopoulos & Holly Sutherland & Panos Tsakloglou, 2005. "Pension Incomes in the European Union: Policy Reform Strategies in Comparative Perspective," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0004, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Pudney, Stephen & Hancock, Ruth & Sutherland, Holly, 2004.
"Simulating the reform of means-tested benefits with endogenous take-up and claim costs,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2004-04, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Stephen Pudney & Ruth Hancock & Holly Sutherland, 2006. "Simulating the Reform of Means-tested Benefits with Endogenous Take-up and Claim Costs," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(2), pages 135-166, 04.
- Sutherland, Holly & Immervoll, Herwig & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 1999. "An introduction to EUROMOD," EUROMOD Working Papers EM0/99, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Okrasa,Wlodzimierz, 1999. "The dynamics of poverty and the effectiveness of Poland's safety net (1993-96)," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2221, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Howard Cobb).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.