Information and Communication Technology: Dynamics, Integration and Economic Stability
AbstractInformation and Communication Technology (ICT) has become a major driver of investment and growth in OECD countries. The analysis puts the focus on key developments in the ICT sector and international outsourcing dynamics as well as the specific role of ICT in the financial sector. One can show that the expansion of ICT is not only contributing to national and international outsourcing but to insourcing as well. Furthermore, ICT affects regional integration. In the context of a modified Dornbusch model – including foreign direct investment – the impact of ICT on output and the exchange rate are discussed. The risk of overshooting in foreign exchange markets is likely to be reduced through the expansion of ICT which allows a more pro-active monetary policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library in its series EIIW Discussion paper with number disbei143.
Length: 66 Pages
Date of creation: Jul 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://elpub.bib.uni-wuppertal.de
Integration; ICT; Growth; Foreign Exchange Markets; Stability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O00 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - General - - - General
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frank Hoffmann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.