Algunos hechos característicos de las finanzas públicas en Colombia desde la primera misión Kemmerer (1923)
AbstractThis paper surveys some facts relevant for the understanding of the Colombian experience with public finance and debt since 1923. The stylized facts are classified in three groups as follows: first, facts associated with the dependence of the economy on the external sector; second, facts which reveal empirical regularities in the evolution of the fiscal sector; and third, facts which illustrate the close association between the development of the financial sector and the cycles of external and internal debt. Historical macroeconomic time series are used to illustrate episodes and empirical regularities. The presence of major events (external shocks, institutional changes) generates permanent effects on the path of those series, and produces shifts in the intercept and / or slope of their corresponding trend functions. Recent empirical methods are applied for the dating of those breaks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de la Republica de Colombia in its series Borradores de Economia with number 469.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
public debt trends; intertemporal government budget constraint; multiple structural brakes. Classification JEL: H62; H63; N46; C22;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- mul - - - - - -
- str - - - - - -
- bra - - - - - -
- Cla - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- JEL - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- N46 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Camilo Millán).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.