An Application of TRAMO and SEATS: Report for the "Seasonal Adjustment Research Appraisal" Project
AbstractThe Seasonal Adjustment Research Appraisal committee was created in Italy to evaluate procedures for seasonal adjustment of economic series. Because the TRAMO-SEATS programs were one of the main procedures considered, the committee sent a selection of 11 series of interest to be analysed. This paper contains the results of the application of TRAMO and SEATS to these series. It is seen that very simple procedures, based mostly on the automatic features, provide parsimonious models and considerably goods results, in terms of seasonal adjustments, trend-cycle estimation, and short-term forecast.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de Espa�a in its series Banco de Espa�a Working Papers with number 9914.
Length: 142 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
ECONOMETRICS ; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meltem Gulenay Ongan, 2002. "The Seasonal Adjustment of the Consumer and Wholesale Prices : a Comparison of Census X-11, X-12 Arima and Tramo/Seats," Working Papers 0205, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mar�a Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de Espa�a).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.