Automatic Modeling Methods for Univariate Series
AbstractIn this article, a unified approach to automatic modeling for univariate series is presented. First, ARIMA models and the classical methods for fitting these models to a given time series are reviewed. Second, some objective methods for model identification are considered and some algorithmical procedures for automatic model identification are described. Third, outliers are incorporated into the model and an algorithm, for automatic model identification in the presence of outliers is proposed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de EspaÃ±a in its series Banco de EspaÃ±a Working Papers with number 9808.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
MODELS ; TIME SERIES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agustín Maravall, 2005.
"An application of the Tramo Seats automatic procedure; direct versus indirect adjustment,"
Banco de EspaÃÂ±a Working Papers
0524, Banco de EspaÃ±a.
- Maravall, Agustin, 2006. "An application of the TRAMO-SEATS automatic procedure; direct versus indirect adjustment," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(9), pages 2167-2190, May.
- Meyler, Aidan & Kenny, Geoff & Quinn, Terry, 1998.
"Forecasting irish inflation using ARIMA models,"
11359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jyh-Ying Peng & John A. D. Aston, . "The State Space Models Toolbox for MATLAB," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 41(i06).
- Bušs, Ginters, 2009. "Comparing forecasts of Latvia's GDP using simple seasonal ARIMA models and direct versus indirect approach," MPRA Paper 16684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Mauro Napoletano & Andrea Roventini, 2008.
"Are output growth-rate distributions fat-tailed? some evidence from OECD countries,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(5), pages 639-669.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Mauro Napoletano & Andrea Roventini, 2006. "Are Output Growth-Rate Distributions Fat-Tailed? Some Evidence from OECD Countries," Working Papers 36, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Mauro Napoletano & Andrea Roventini, 2006. "Are Output Growth-Rate Distributions Fat-Tailed? Some Evidence from OECD Countries," LEM Papers Series 2006/23, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Agustín Maravall & Fernando J. Sánchez, 2000. "An Application of TRAMO-SEATS: Model Selection and Out-of-Sample Performance: the Swiss CPI Series," Banco de EspaÃÂ±a Working Papers 0014, Banco de EspaÃ±a.
- Stefania D'Amico & Athanasios Orphanides, 2008. "Uncertainty and disagreement in economic forecasting," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-56, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- George Athanasopoulos & D.S. Poskitt & Farshid Vahid, 2007. "Two canonical VARMA forms: Scalar component models vis-à-vis the Echelon form," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, revised May 2009.
- Marcus Cobb, 2009. "Forecasting Chilean Inflation From Disaggregate Components," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 545, Central Bank of Chile.
- Meyler, Aidan, 1999.
"The non-accelerating inflation rate of unemployment (NAIRU) in a small open economy: The irish context,"
11363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meyler, Aidan, 1999. "The Non-Accelerating Inflation Rate of Unemployment (NAIRU) in a Small Open Economy: The Irish Context," Research Technical Papers 5/RT/99, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Alonso, A.M. & Berrendero, J.R. & Hernandez, A. & Justel, A., 2006. "Time series clustering based on forecast densities," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 762-776, November.
- Basher, Syed Abul & Fachin, Stefano, 2011. "The long-run relationship between savings and investment in oil-exporting developing countries: A case study of the Gulf Arab States," MPRA Paper 29077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gianluca Caporello & Agustín Maravall & Fernando J. Sánchez, 2001. "Program TSW Reference Manual," Banco de EspaÃÂ±a Working Papers 0112, Banco de EspaÃ±a.
- Friedrich Fritzer & Gabriel Moser & Johann Scharler, 2002. "Forecasting Austrian HICP and its Components using VAR and ARIMA Models," Working Papers 73, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Daniel Grenouilleau, 2004. "A sorted leading indicators dynamic (SLID) factor model for short-run euro-area GDP forecasting," European Economy - Economic Papers 219, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Guido Bulligan & Roberto Golinelli & Giuseppe Parigi, 2010. "Forecasting monthly industrial production in real-time: from single equations to factor-based models," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 303-336, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (MarÃa Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de EspaÃ±a).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.