Credit Scoring Models with Truncated Samples and Their Validation
AbstractThe main object of this paper is to develop a credit scoring methodology for Argentine bank commercial obligors based on information available in the Public Credit Registry of the Central Bank of Argentina (Central de Deudores) as a reference tool to assess credit risk in local banks. Previous experience in this field has shown promising results; in this paper, we focus on two innovative aspects: firstly, the potential bias introduced by the fact that a considerable number of obligors are removed from the database for no traceable reason, and secondly, the application of validation techniques to the resulting models as proposed by the document recently published by the BCBS.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department in its series BCRA Working Paper Series with number 200604.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: May 2006
Date of revision:
Argentina; banks; credit scoring; credit risk; credit registers; truncated samples;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo Schechtman & Valéria Salomão Garcia & Sergio Mikio Koyama & Guilherme Cronemberger Parente, 2004. "Credit Risk Measurement and the Regulation of Bank Capital and Provision Requirements in Brazil - A Corporate Analysis," Working Papers Series 91, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk, 2007. "Loans Size and Portfolio Loss Predictability in Argentina," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(49), pages 139-155, October -.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federico Grillo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.