Una extension de la regresion propuesta por Geweke y Porter-Hudak para la estimacion del orden de diferenciacion en modelos ARFIMA
AbstractOver the last years there has been considerable interest in the application of long memory time series models in economics using ARFIMA models. Nowadays, the most popular estimator of the difference parameter in economic applications is that proposed by Geweke and Porter-Hudak (GPH) although has been shown that, in particular circumstances, this estimator can be badly biased. So we propose a biased-corrected extension of that estimator using the exponential model proposed by Bloomfield. The performance of both estimators are investigated for moderate-size samples and it is concluded that the extension proposed has smaller mean squared error than the GPH estimator.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia in its series Working Papers in Economics with number 61.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.