Efecto distrito y competitividad de las empresas manufactureras en los sistemas productivos locales
AbstractThe present study evaluates the existence of differences in competitiveness of Spanish industrial firms as a consequence of the district effect. A quantitative analysis has been performed in order to assess external competititveness taking into account whether firms are locates in industrial districts -in the sense proposed by Marshall-Becattini- or remain isolated. The methodological approach considers geographical and sectorial specialisation and business efficiency -measured as the capacity to export- in local productive systems. Most of the variables come from a 1991 fiscal data set and the territorial unit of analysis are 332 municipalities with a population of over 15,000 inhabitants. From the results ot the econometric model it can be inferred that the geographical concentration of companies in the same activity positively influences their level of competitiveness.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia in its series Working Papers in Economics with number 35.
Length: 0 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Production Analysis, and Firm Location
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.