Instituições, Gestão e Crescimento Económico: Portugal, 1950-1973
AbstractAfter a long period of economic divergence before 1914, the Portuguese economy recovered slightly until 1950, entering thereafter on a path of strong economic convergence. This paper focuses on Portuguese economic growth in the period 1950-1973 in order to show how institutional decisions created an opportunity for integration with the developed economies of Western Europe. Through emigration, trade, tourism and foreign investment, individuals and firms changed their patterns of production and consumption, bringing about a structural transformation. Simultaneously, the increasing complexity of a growing economy raised new technical and organizational challenges, stimulating the formation of modern professional and management teams.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro in its series Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) with number 38.
Length: 46 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2006
Date of revision:
Economic growth; Portugal; institutions; management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Салазар, Антониу ди in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- Economy of Portugal in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Участник:WebCite Archiver/2012122009 in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- António de Oliveira Salazar in Wikipedia English ne '')
- História económica de Portugal in Wikipedia Portuguese ne '')
- Estado Novo (Portugal) in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Economic history of Portugal in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Carnation Revolution in Wikipedia English ne '')
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marta Ferreira Dias).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.