A Non-Possibility Theorem For Joint-Stability In Interindustry Models
AbstractJoint-stability in interindustry models relates to the mutual simultaneous consistency of the demand-driven and supply-driven models of Leontief and Ghosh, respectively. Previous work has claimed joint-stability to be an acceptable assumption from the empirical viewpoint, provided only small changes in exogenous variables are considered. We show in this note, however, that the issue has deeper theoretical roots and offer an analytical demonstration that shows the impossibility of consistency between demand-driven and supply- driven models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 881.11.
Date of creation: 07 Sep 2011
Date of revision:
: Interindustry modeling; joint-stability; demand-driven; supply-driven.;
Other versions of this item:
- Ana-Isabel Guerra & Ferran Sancho, 2011. "A Non-Possibility Theorem for Joint- Stability in Interindustry Models," Working Papers 580, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana-Isabel Guerra & Ferran Sancho, 2013. "A Linear Price Model With Extractions," ERSA conference papers ersa13p281, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.