Overlapping Generations Economies and Symmetrical Economies under Extrinsic Uncertainty
AbstractThe stationary structure of the simple overlapping generations economies is used to try to extend to the case with extrinsic uncertainty the characterizations of their stationary equilibria by means of symmetrical multiple equilibria of a related exchange economy in which the representative agent faces his mirror image. It is proved in this article that, although such a characterization exists in the deterministic case as was shown in Balasko-Ghiglino (1997) and Tuinstra-Wddepohl (1997), it cannot be robustly extended to economies with extrinsic uncertainty.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 416.98.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
UNCERTAINTY ; GENERATIONS ; ASYMETRIC INFORMATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.