Global Stability in Spite of "Local Instability" with Learning in General Equilibrium Models: A Generalization
AbstractIn this paper we identify a simple property of nonlinear temporary equilibrium map (TEM) that guarantees that all trajectories, along which the dynamics of the state variable remain bounded, converge to the steady state-in particular, the locally divergent trajactories also are driven back to the steady state. This property if used to show that one may get globally stable learning dynamics in spite of "locally unstable"behaviour in realistic economic models.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 329.96.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.