Systematic analysis of group identification in stock markets
AbstractWe propose improved methods to identify stock groups using the correlation matrix of stock price changes. By filtering out the marketwide effect and the random noise, we construct the correlation matrix of stock groups in which nontrivial high correlations between stocks are found. Using the filtered correlation matrix, we successfully identify the multiple stock groups without any extra knowledge of the stocks by the optimization of the matrix representation and the percolation approach to the correlation-based network of stocks. These methods drastically reduce the ambiguities while finding stock groups using the eigenvectors of the correlation matrix.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number physics/0503076.
Date of creation: Mar 2005
Date of revision: Oct 2005
Publication status: Published in Phys. Rev. E. 72, 046133 (2005)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eom, Cheoljun & Jung, Woo-Sung & Kaizoji, Taisei & Kim, Seunghwan, 2009.
"Effect of changing data size on eigenvalues in the Korean and Japanese stock markets,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 388(22), pages 4780-4786.
- Cheoljun Eom & Woo-Sung Jung & Taisei Kaizoji & Seunghwan Kim, 2008. "Effect of changing data size on eigenvalues in the Korean and Japanese stock markets," Papers 0811.4021, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2009.
- Kim, Min Jae & Kim, Sehyun & Jo, Yong Hwan & Kim, Soo Yong, 2011. "Dependence structure of the commodity and stock markets, and relevant multi-spread strategy," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(21), pages 3842-3854.
- Wang, Gang-Jin & Xie, Chi & Han, Feng & Sun, Bo, 2012. "Similarity measure and topology evolution of foreign exchange markets using dynamic time warping method: Evidence from minimal spanning tree," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(16), pages 4136-4146.
- Grigory Bautin & Valery Kalyagin & Alexander Koldanov & Petr Koldanov & Panos Pardalos, 2013. "Simple measure of similarity for the market graph construction," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 105-124, June.
- Hao Meng & Wen-Jie Xie & Zhi-Qiang Jiang & Boris Podobnik & Wei-Xing Zhou & H. Eugene Stanley, 2013. "Systemic risk and spatiotemporal dynamics of the US housing market," Papers 1306.2831, arXiv.org.
- Sitabhra Sinha & Raj Kumar Pan, 2007. "Uncovering the Internal Structure of the Indian Financial Market: Cross-correlation behavior in the NSE," Papers 0704.2115, arXiv.org.
- Lee, Sangwook & Kim, Min Jae & Kim, Soo Yong, 2011. "Interest rates factor model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(13), pages 2531-2548.
- Miśkiewicz, Janusz & Ausloos, Marcel, 2008. "Correlation measure to detect time series distances, whence economy globalization," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(26), pages 6584-6594.
- Jarosław Kwapień & Sylwia Gworek & Stanisław Drożdż & Andrzej Górski, 2009. "Analysis of a network structure of the foreign currency exchange market," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 55-72, June.
- Siqueira, Erinaldo Leite & Stošić, Tatijana & Bejan, Lucian & Stošić, Borko, 2010. "Correlations and cross-correlations in the Brazilian agrarian commodities and stocks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(14), pages 2739-2743.
- Hiroshi Iyetomi & Yasuhiro Nakayama & Hideaki Aoyama & Yoshi Fujiwara & Yuichi Ikeda & Wataru Souma, 2009. "Fluctuation-Dissipation Theory of Input-Output Interindustrial Correlations," Papers 0912.1985, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.