Optimal Liquidation in a Finite Time Regime Switching Model with Permanent and Temporary Pricing Impact
AbstractIn this paper we discuss the optimal liquidation over a finite time horizon until the exit time. The drift and diffusion terms of the asset price are general functions depending on all variables including control and market regime. There is also a local nonlinear transaction cost associated to the liquidation. The model deals with both the permanent impact and the temporary impact in a regime switching framework. The problem can be solved with the dynamic programming principle. The optimal value function is the unique continuous viscosity solution to the HJB equation and can be computed with the finite difference method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1212.3145.
Date of creation: Dec 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Umut Çetin & Robert Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2004. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 311-341, 08.
- Paul Gassiat & Fausto Gozzi & Huy\^en Pham, 2011.
"Investment/consumption problem in illiquid markets with regime-switching,"
1107.4210, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2012.
- Paul Gassiat & Fausto Gozzi & Huyen Pham, 2011. "Investment/consumption problem in illiquid markets with regimes switching," Working Papers hal-00610214, HAL.
- Elyès Jouini, 1997.
"Price Functionals with Bid-Ask Spreads : An Axiomatic Approach,"
97-05, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Jouini, Elyes, 2000. "Price functionals with bid-ask spreads: an axiomatic approach," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 547-558, December.
- Elyès Jouini, 1999. "Price Functionals with Bid-Ask Spreads: An Axiomatic Approach," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-038, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Jaksa Cvitanić & Ioannis Karatzas, 1996. "HEDGING AND PORTFOLIO OPTIMIZATION UNDER TRANSACTION COSTS: A MARTINGALE APPROACH-super-2," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 133-165.
- Pemy, M. & Zhang, Q. & Yin, G., 2007. "Liquidation of a large block of stock," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1295-1305, May.
- Moustapha Pemy & Qing Zhang & G. George Yin, 2008. "Liquidation Of A Large Block Of Stock With Regime Switching," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 629-648.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.